- When are classes held?
- How much do classes cost?
- Do I need to book to attend?
- What classes can I use my class pass for?
- What should I wear?
- When can I start beginner classes?
- Do I need to commit to the full 6 week beginner course?
- When can I start intermediate classes?
- I have other dance experience. Do I still need to attend beginner classes?
- I don’t want to rotate partners. Is that okay?
- Do I need to bring anything?
- Do I need any experience to attend classes?
- I’m a man and I want to follow/I’m a woman and I want to lead.
- What is your inclusivity policy?
- My kid wants to do swing dancing. Can I bring them?
- Can I book a private lesson?
- What is swing dancing?
1. When are classes held?
Every Monday and Thursday night. We also have monthly afternoon workshops and solo jazz nights. Check our our timetable for the details.
2. How much do classes cost?
Our continuer classes and solo jazz classes are $20 each, or you can buy a 6 class pass (valid for three months from purchase date) for $95.
Our 6 week beginner swing course is $95 for the course.
Sunday workshops have varied prices depending on the workshop.
- Bookings are essential for our 6 week beginner courses and afternoon workshops and places are limited. Click here to book.
- You do not need to book for our Solo Jazz Jam.
- If you’re not sure if you want to commit to the full 6 weeks, you can sign up for a taster class to try before you buy.
5. What should I wear?
Something comfortable you can move around in, like stretchy jeans, circle skirts, etc. You need something that will stay on your feet (i.e. not thongs or ballet flats) like keds, vollies or converse. Heels are ok but they should have a thick heel (not stilettos). We don’t recommend very high heels.
6. When can I start beginner classes?
Our 6 week beginner courses run one after the other, and you need to start those in week one, booking upfront. See the Classes page for course dates.
7. Do I need to commit to the full 6 week beginner course?
Yes, but we run a taster class beforehand so you can see what to expect before committing to the course. Click here to book.
If you miss a class we don’t provide refunds or class transfers. You can come along to our monthly solo jazz jam class to make up for a missed class though – speak to your teacher to do this.
8. When can I start continuers classes?
You need to do our 6 week beginner courses two or three times, as we cover different fundamentals in each block that it’s important to get a handle on. If you think you’d like to join our continuers classes then please speak to your teacher before joining them.
9. I have other dance experience. Do I still need to attend beginner classes?
Yes. Even the greatest salsa/ballroom/hip hop/ballet etc dancer in the world would still need to start in our beginner classes, as that is when we cover the absolute basic building blocks of swing dancing that you need for the more advanced classes.
10. I don’t want to rotate partners. Is that okay?
Yes! We usually encourage people to rotate so you can meet a bunch of new people, but if you are coming with a partner and you want to dance with them the whole time that is totally fine. Just let your teachers know.
14. What is your inclusivity policy?
There is room in our classes for all nationalities, cultures, sexualities, and body types. We don’t tolerate harassment in our classes or at our events, and we’re committed to making safe spaces for dancing. You can read our code of conduct here. By attending our classes/events you agree to abide by this code.
17. What is swing dancing?
Read all about it here.