We teach a few different styles of swing dancing in our classes: Balboa, Lindy Hop, and Solo Jazz. You can read more about the different styles here.
BEGINNER SWING DANCE CLASSES
We teach both 6 week swing dancing courses as well as monthly workshops. Our beginner classes are designed to teach you the basics of swing dance and get you on the dance floor in no time, no partner or experience required!
- 6 week beginner swing courses run on Mondays and Thursdays all year round. Click here to book
- Can’t make it to our 6 week course? Check out our monthly Tuesday and Sunday classes
- Try swing dancing before booking for a course or workshop at one of our short come and try classes.
CONTINUERS SWING DANCE CLASSES
Our continuers classes are for those who have done our 6 week beginner swing dancing course at least two or three times (in the relevant dance style) and are social dancing regularly. We start looking at challenging steps and dancing to faster tempos. For this class:
- You should be social dancing regularly.
- You should have a good handle on the basics taught in our beginner classes and have done 2 or 3 courses.
- To move into this level, you need to speak to your teacher before coming along. Bookings are not required – you can pay as you go or use a class pass.
- Looking to buy a class pass? You can do so here.
EXTENSIONS SWING DANCE CLASSES
Our Extensions class is for those who want to work hard, be open to new ideas and take their dancing to the next level. You should be very comfortable with the concepts covered in our Continuers classes (in the relevant style), be social dancing regularly and beginning to take your learning further at interstate and/or international events. Admittance to this class is strictly by approval of your teacher so please speak to them if you would like to join.